- Author: skill
- License: Freeware
- OS: Win 3.1x,Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Vista Starter,Windows Vista Home Basic,Windows Vista Home Premium,Windows Vista Business,Windows Vista Enterprise,Windows Vista Ultimate,Windows Vista Home Basic x64,Windows Vista Home Premium x64,Windows Vista Business x64,Windows Vista Enterprise x64,Windows Vista Ultimate x64
- Publisher: SKILLEMPIRE
- Homepage: http://www.play65partners.com/NewUser.html?did=108760
PLAYE4 2.0 Description
" PLAYE4 : Chess is a board game played between two opponents who move their pieces alternately on a chess board. The objective of each player is to place the opponent' s king under attack in such a way that the opponent has no legal countermove. The object of . "
Ideal Shareware Editor: PLAYE4 - Chess is a board game played between two opponents who move their pieces alternately on a chess board. The objective of each player is to place the opponent' s king under attack in such a way that the opponent has no legal countermove.
The object of the game is to capture and to checkmate the opponent' s king. The player, whose king has been checkmated, loses the game.
It is possible for the game to end with no king being captured, but those are special cases, which will be explained later
The chess board
The chess board There are sixty-four ( 64 ) squares on a Chessboard.
If you play the white pieces, the letters ( files ) are sorted by alphabetical order: A-H.
If you play the black pieces, the letters are sorted in reverse alphabetical order: H-A.
The numbers on the side of the board are called ranks.
If you play the white pieces, they are counted upwards: 1-8.
If you play the black pieces, they are counted downwards: 8-1.
The king can be moved two different ways:
* To any adjoining square, which is not attacked by one or more of the opponent' s pieces.
Castling? the king is transferred from its initial square two or three squares towards the rook, then that rook is transferred to the square the king has just crossed.
Castling must be the first move of the king and the rook of the same color and on the same ranks.
Castling is the only situation where two pieces move at the same time. Castling cannot be made if the king is under attack.
If there are pieces between the rook and the king, the castling is temporarily prevented.
The Queen can be moved to any square along the file, the rank or the diagonal it stands on and it cannot skip over intervening pieces. The Queen can control larger number of squares than any other chess piece, making it the most powerful piece on the board.
The bishop can be moved to any square along the diagonal line it stands on.
PLAYE4 2.0 Related Software
- Sudoku Captain 1.0
- You all free Sudoku players out there, don?t miss this special Sudoku Captain game! It is a completely free Sudoku game on an eye-friendly background with some user friendly commands as well. But all in.....
- PLAY65 2.0
- 3D Backgammon FreewarePlay65? internet backgammon software, one of the leading online games, is a 3D backgammon game freeware (backgammon free download). Since Play65? platform offers a game of backgammon.....
- Addams Family: Pugsley''s Scavenger Hunt 1.0
- The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt is a video game released by Ocean in 1993. It was based on the second Addams Family animated series.It was released on all three of Nintendo's systems at the...
- David''s Backgammon(Mac) 5.7.5
- Ready for a fun game of backgammon! Try this excellent, top-ranked, easy to use backgammon game. Windows and Macintosh versions.Has just about any option or feature that you would like including 5 skill...
- QQSmile Deflexion 2.0
- QQSmile Deflexion game is a chess-like board game that has two built in lasers and movable Egyptian-themed game pieces that have embedded mirrors which can be position to bounce the laser light around the...
- xOthello for PALM 9.2.3
- Play classic game Othello and non-classic game Reverse-Othello.In Othello the winner is the one with more pieces. In reverse-othello the winner has least number of stones.You need few minutes to learn how...
- Tams11 Parchisi 126.96.36.199
- Parchisi is the Tams11 online version of the popular board game. 2-4 players compete to move all four of their pawns around to their home spot. If you land on another player's pawn then you send that.g.....
- WordJong 1.0
- Enter the lush world of WordJong, a colorful mix of a Mahjong and spelling game! WordJong gives you letter tiles you remove from the board Mahjong-style, to spell big words for bonus points. Three unique....
PLAYE4 2.0 Related Tag
Top Freeware Software
- Mail UnKnown Anti-Spam 1.532
- Real Trumpet Volume 1
- IP2Location IP-COUNTRY-ISP Database March.2009
- Calendar+ 2000 3.02
- Pass Diff Pro 1.81
- MyWebServer 1.0.3
- Cliprex DS DVD Player 1.0
- PINO 3-Server Build 263
- 1st Contact 3.02
- Calendar+ 3.02
- PaperQuote 01
- IP2Location IP-COUNTRY Database March.2009
- ECBackup 2.0
- MP3Detective 5.7.0